Academic Writing

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

JC YL GIFs



When I tell main shul members that I have three roommates in a converted one bedroom apartment they're like:




and I'm like:



When we have to sit through another membership appeal speech:




Signing up for all YL events:



When I'm pressured to go to a public lecture in the main shul:




Walking down the OZ stairs friday night:




Walking into YL minyan on shabbos morning:




When I think I look cute eating the chulent and potato kugel at kiddush:




When I told my friends I was moving to the west side and not the heights:




When I walk into shul and realized I got there JFK:




When my little sister moved to the west side she's like:




When my mom comes for shabbos and wants to go to OZ friday night:




What I wish simchat torah at the JC was like:





Getting ready for the YL Purim Shpeil:





Walking into shul before Torah reading has started I'm like: 




When the JC raised YL membership rates, I was like: 




YLers before the Shmini Atzeret lunch started:

image



How I look at work:




and how I look at shul:




When I'm on the elevator going to kiddush and I see main shul members coming:




PURIM!
image



Nonmembers on a non-hot kiddush day:




When I hear kiddush is on the 5th floor and YL davening was on the first:




When Facebook becomes a show-off showcase for everyone's cooking (and their kids):

image



Going to Ali Baba's on a saturday night at 4 AM:




When I can finally afford my own apartment:

image



My roommate dragging me to Darchei Noam:




When the shul tells me I've aged out of the YL membership price range:




Me on a first SYAS phone conversation:

image



When I spot a cute guy across the crowd at kiddush:




My roommate when I head out on a first date:





How I feel when my married friends invite me to Riverdale:

 



When I get my renewal email from SYAS:



When my mom insists I go back on SYAS, even if she's paying:




When a guy friend tries to be a suave wingman at the JC kiddush




-- 

No comments: